to food that works for you
There is no one right way to eat. Too often a rigid diet isn’t the answer and yet sometimes people use structure effectively to get on track.
Figuring out what to eat and how to navigate our incredibly abundant food supply is challenging. Maybe it is time to find out what approach to food works for you, rather than listening to one more relative, friend, or expert tell you how to eat.
There is more nutrition information available today than ever before. All this information doesn’t seem to be helping people bridge the gap between knowledge and behavior. Maybe it’s time for a different strategy.
Counseling with Bonnie is more collaboration than instruction. This is a chance to be truly heard and have your concerns and personal experiences taken into consideration. You know what you like, and what you don’t. You may know where you want to go but not how to get there. My mission is to help you develop an approach to food that works for you.
|“From personal experience, I know Bonnie is the best of the best of Registered Dietitians. She is knowledgeable about all aspects of eating disorders and frustrations, and works to help her patients discover the core of the problem to maintain long term results. Bonnie does leading edge research and applies her knowledge to resolve difficult metabolic issues for her clients. She is a supportive and active participant in working with patients and their doctors to resolve health issues. If finding the root of weight issues is your goal, then Bonnie is the person to call.”Christine D. Reiter|
BASIC NUTRITION AND WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
- Food and nutrition recommendations to help your body metabolize energy effectively
- Personalized food plans for the way you live and the degree of support or structure that will work for you
- Targeted work that can help develop effective self regulation and resilience, especially for those with a history of eating disorders, substance abuse, and other addictive behaviors
- Personalized assessment of metabolism and body composition
- Specific strategies to fill in the gaps of your skill set: meal planning, food shopping, food preparation, eating away from home or purchasing prepared foods.
- Insightful strategies to successfully eat “close to the earth”
MATERNAL AND CHILD NUTRITION
- Nutrition support during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Expertise to address weight challenges, hyperglycemia and gestational diabetes (GDM)
- Key support to help parents effectively nourish and nurture infants and children, especially problem feeders and picky eaters
- Effective strategies to address nutrition needs for children with special needs including development and sensory Integration challenges
- Critical resources to help your child develop effective self regulation and resilience
- Practical and effective strategies to compliment mindful parenting with an approach to food that allows you to truly nurture and nourish your child
SPORTS AND PERFORMANCE NUTRITION
- Eating for maximum energy utilization
- Effective strategies to gain muscle and lose excess fat weight
- Instruction for proper hydration and fluid balance
- Unique feeding strategies to meet metabolic needs for different sports, environmental conditions, and specific positions or events
MEDICAL NUTRITION THERAPY FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- Cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, hypertension
- Hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, pre-diabetes, type II diabetes
- Other inflammatory diseases: gout, arthritis, asthma
- Gastro-intestinal conditions: constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), spastic colon, colitis, celiac disease
- Conditions of impaired energy metabolism: chronic fatigue, impaired immune system, chronic infections, candida